Tuesday 1 March 2011

Insurance Automatic Renewal don't be lazy. Save Money

Here in the UK most of us have a few insurance policies that are renewed on a yearly basis with the premiums being paid automatically by direct debit either on a monthly or yearly cycle.

My Home buildings & contents insurance came up for renewal recently, and as usual my company sent me a renewal quote which for some reason I didn't throughly go through before the date when it would come into effect. Just a few days before the first premium was to be taken by direct debit, I had a look at the cost, and it was over £600 compared to the £350 I paid for it last year. It was too late to cancel (I couldn't risk being without home insurance), but luckly I was paying monthly so the first premium was paid.

I immediately went online and got new quotes from a comparison website and was able to find anothe insurance policy offering the same cover for about £360.

So the lesson to learn is when it comes to insurance, loyality does not pay, always shop around for the best bargains.

No comments:

Post a Comment