Thursday 25 February 2010

MacBook Pro Laptop Applecare Warranty

I have bought 2 Apple MacBook laptops for my video editing activities over the last 2.5 years, and always taken the extra Applecare extended warranty cover on these comptuter products.

The first MacBook was a low spec 13 inch which with Final Cut Express, Apple Tiger OS installed and a 80GB hard drive was my launch pad of video editing on an Apple Mac and served me for about a year before I sold it (to someone I knew) and acquired a more powerful and higher speced 15 inch MacBook Pro also opting to extend the normal one year warranty to three years.

Now with both Mac laptops, they have experieced a hardware failure around 18 months after purchase and the Applecare warranty product has saved the owners a very heft repair bill. Because Apples are more expensive and exclusive I would advise anyone getting them to always add the warranty extension. My Apple MacBook pro has failed twice and on the last occasion it cost over £700 (it was in workshop for 2 weeks) to replace a motherboard when the grahics chipset gave up the ghost!

You have been warned, even Apple Macs are not perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment